The Philips HP6401 Satinelle Epilator is reputedly one of the best in the market. It gets hair from the roots and it does it gently so that there is no irritation. Just to make sure that it is not all marketing hype we have done a full Philips HP6401 Satinelle epilator review that looks at what is good about this epilator and what could be improved. We first look at features.
Philips HP6401 Satinelle Epilator Features
As with most electrical devices the Phillips makes, this one comes with a list of features that are quite impressive.
- It comes with two speeds that allow for gentle epilation of sensitive areas. The lower speed is for areas like the bikini line and the underarms while the faster one is for legs, knees and ankles.
- It has an efficiency cap which makes it ideal for people with sensitive skin. It also eliminates the chances of cuts and bruises.
- It is powered using electricity which means that you don’t need to worry about running out of charge. That said, you should note that because it uses electricity you cannot use in the bath or in the shower.
- The head is removable and easy to clean. For people who worry about hygiene this is the perfect epilator.
- It can remove hair as short as 0.5 mm and as long as 1.5 cm. This is a lot longer than average hair length which is usually between 3 and 4 mm.
- You get a two year warranty which is a lot longer than most epilators in the market today.
What is not to like?
- No facial epilator
- Quite noisy
- Small size of head compared to other shavers
The first thing that you will notice when you look at user reviews is that many users are quite upset about the fact that Phillips doesn’t mention that this epilator cannot be used on the face. It is true but if you look at the information that Phillips has put out there is no mention of this being a facial epilator anywhere. Some users also mention that because of the small size of the head it takes a little longer to shave than with other epilators that they have tried. It can also be quite noisy.
There is a fir number of people that say that they bought the Philips HP6401 Satinelle Epilator and it wither broke down or didn’t work. It is very likely that they bought fakes. This epilator has worked great for many people so it should be able to work for you. Here is what one user, Ticklemecisco, had to say.
“One other thing I am noticing with this epilator is that the hairs have already started to become finer and softer. That did not happen with my last epilator and I think this is due the entire hair being pulled out. Anyway, I am really happy with the Satinelle and I am buying another one to have as a backup. I recommend it above all the other epilators I’ve used before.”
Our Philips HP6401 Satinelle epilator review confirms that this is definitely an epilator that is worth investing in.